17 July 2008

Back , Online

Finally have internet at my new place. Dial-up at work was killing me!
Update: Still in negotiations for a new contract...working on Trini time. My current contract is up on the 22nd of this month (4 days from now), so I may have to take some time off from work while the board meets my demands. In reality, they haven't even given me a draft of their contract, and I honestly think they will present it to me at the 11th hour in hopes that I'll sign.
Tried to finance a car, but after 3 weeks of whatever they do here, they told me that they can't finance a loan for longer than the length of the contract, and I can't afford to pay off a new car in 2 years (which is the length of time they would like me to sign for).
So, I'm now looking for a used car. Banks do not finance cars older than 5 years, so I'd just have to do a personal loan.
This car stuff is very discouraging and frustrating after coming from the very easy process that exists in America. Also, you don't know who to trust when dealing with used cars, and there's no such thing as a Kelly Blue Book here. Also, it's really amazing how expensive new cars especially are. You add on at least $10,000 more than a US listed price. Talk about sticker shock! And, if you want to test drive a car, you have to schedule it because they have only one model that they test.

No comments: