14 August 2008

What's up with work?

Work? What's that?
It's been almost a month, and still not a contract. My lawyer delivered a more-acceptable draft to the board, and I received an email stating that the committee chair (with whom I was dealing, and seemed to be pretty forthright...ha! again, I learned my lesson)was "extremely unhappy" with it and went so far to say that parts of it were "grave." It was very unprofessional, if you ask my opinion; and feel the tone is uncalled-for. What the hell is a negotiation, anyway? I didn't respond because I knew it'd be with some wise-ass comment like, "I can completely sympathize." Their contract was slapped together, presented late--which did not afford any continuity of services--and did not include items customarily in contracts. I'm also the first Audiologist the board has hired. I'm very happy that I sought legal counsel on this matter. It's my wish to get back to work after I come back from graduation exercises (yes!!), but I don't think this is going to be solved before I leave.

No comments: